Choose your language (English or French) above
Call for expressions of interest: experts in civil registration, information technology, public health, statistics, law and social and behavior change for CRVS systems strengthening
Funded by Global Affairs Canada and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC), and housed at IDRC, the Centre of Excellence for Civil Registration and Vital Statistics Systems is a global resource hub that actively supports national efforts to develop, strengthen, and scale up Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS) systems. Its role is to facilitate access to global standards and tools, evidence and good practice, and technical assistance. The Centre of Excellence works in close collaboration with the Global Financing Facility, a key financing platform of the UN Secretary General’s Global Strategy for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescent’s Health (2016 – 2030). For more information about the Centre of Excellence, please visit our website.
Purpose of the Directory
In order to facilitate country-level access to technical expertise and assistance for strengthening CRVS systems, the Centre of Excellence is launching this call for expressions of interest for professionals with expertise in CRVS, or related areas, to apply for inclusion in a “Directory of Experts.” The Centre of Excellence, country-level stakeholders and other global partners may draw upon experts in this directory to request specific technical expertise, or offer research, capacity building or consultancy opportunities.
Why you should apply
As a technical expert, you will contribute to the systematic strengthening of CRVS systems in developing countries. Improved CRVS systems directly contribute to good governance, as well as to measuring the improvement of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, by providing data for more than one third of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) indicators. Specifically, a technical expert may contribute to: assessment, planning, and monitoring of CRVS systems; strengthening inter-sectoral coordination; business process mapping and review; innovation and digitization; vital statistics reporting; massive registration processes; CRVS in the context of conflicts and emergencies; and understanding and facilitating CRVS systems-related behavior and socio-cultural change.
How to apply
- Carefully read the information and eligibility criteria provided on the Call for applications Web page before beginning the application process
- Before the deadline, complete the eligibility and application forms online
- You may submit your application in English or French only (Canada’s two official languages)
- After the deadline, the Centre of Excellence will do a preliminary evaluation
- Late and/or incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
Instructions on signing up online:
- Make sure to click on the "Sign-Up" button at the top of the page.
- Once you complete the signup process, you'll get an email to confirm your registration. Make sure to check your spam box just in case! Please add us to your safe sender list so that you can continue to receive messages from us.
Forgot your password? Change it by clicking on "Trouble signing in?
If you have any technical questions about how to use the online site, please contact email@example.com.